The Writing Recap - Spring Edition Pt. 1
I spent the end of spring wrapped up in writing and surrounded by other authors and amazing poets. It's always such a blessing to be around other creatives and fill up on inspiration. Aside from writing, though, I took a few side quests to explore cities I'd never been to and others I fell in love with a decade ago.
BLACK POT MOJO
My first retreat sent me to Mississippi, specifically Clarkesdale (that place where Sinners took place). But before heading that way, I stopped in Jackson, MS. While I spent time writing, I was able to visit the Civil Rights Museum and the Mississippi Museum of Art. On my last day in Jackson, there was a march in the Capitol, a surreal experience for sure.
For the writing retreat, we made our way to an amazing spot in Clarksdale, The Shack Up Inn (as seen on Shannen Doherty and Holly Marie Combs, Off The Map, which I know the Charmed fans out there will appreciate). Not only did we get a couple of days to write, but we also got to explore Clarkesdale and visit the Delta Blues Museum.





Comments
Post a Comment